8 TIPS FOR FACIAL SKIN CARE
1) first of all cleansing : there are many products, from cleansing milk plus tonic (the most classic cleansing), rinsing cleansing milk for those who love the sensation of water on the skin, micellar water . This step is to be done even if we do not wear makeup , because the skin still needs to clean up and detoxify itself from smog, dust, pollution, and various other things. There are lines for dry, combination, anti-aging, sensitive and red skin. The ideal would be to do it both in the morning as soon as you wake up.
2) hydration and nourishment of the skin :day cream should always be used to keep it elastic, firm and compact. There are also many versions of this cosmetic: fluids or gels for those with acneic or mixed skin, richer and creamier for those with normal or dry skin . Also for the cream it would be perfect to apply it both in the morning and in the evening, in the first case using a day cream (lighter and that dries earlier), while in the evening a night cream, with a richer and more enveloping formula. If we are particularly lazy it is okay at least once a day.
3) let’s not forget the eye contour, the most delicate area of the face. Here you need to use a specific cream, there are more draining for dark circles and bags, others with an anti-aging effect to reduce crow’s feet and expression lines.
4) another often neglected area is the neck and décolleté : they are the first to show signs of age, if not properly cared for; then we apply the face cream also in this area, with manual hand movements from the bottom up to counteract the force of gravity.
5) once a week or at most every two it would be ideal to use an exfoliant to purify and renew the skin and remove dead cells.
6) every now and then it is useful to make a mask, to be chosen based on the characteristics of our skin. Moisturizing, nourishing, oxygenating, detoxifying, and so on.
7) during seasonal changes or cyclically it is recommended to do a more intensive care , that is to apply a specific serum after cleansing (with hyaluronic acid, retinol, just to name a few among many), and then to follow the day cream . In this way it nourishes and hydrates the skin even more intensely, almost as if it were a facial treatment at the beautician.
8) let’s not forget the lips, often dry out and cuticles form; we often apply a very rich and moisturizing lip balm, it will help us to keep them soft and hydrated.